Copio lo que dice la página de la Academia:Beverly Hills, CA (January 20, 2010) — Nine films will advance to the next round of voting in the Foreign Language Film category for the 82nd Academy Awards®. Sixty-five films had originally qualified in the category.
The films, listed in alphabetical order by country, are:
- Argentina, “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Juan Jose Campanella, director;
- Australia, “Samson & Delilah,” Warwick Thornton, director;
- Bulgaria, “The World Is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner,” Stephan Komandarev, director;
- France, “Un Prophète,” Jacques Audiard, director;
- Germany, “The White Ribbon,” Michael Haneke, director;
- Israel, “Ajami,” Scandar Copti and Yaron Shani, directors;
- Kazakhstan, “Kelin,” Ermek Tursunov, director;
- The Netherlands, “Winter in Wartime,” Martin Koolhoven, director;
- Peru, “The Milk of Sorrow,” Claudia Llosa, director.
Foreign Language Film nominations for 2009 are again being determined in two phases.
The Phase I committee, consisting of several hundred Los Angeles-based members, screened the 65 eligible films between mid-October and January 16. The group’s top six choices, augmented by three additional selections voted by the Academy’s Foreign Language Film Award Executive Committee, constitute the shortlist.
The shortlist will be winnowed down to the five nominees by specially invited committees in New York and Los Angeles. They will spend Friday, January 29, through Sunday, January 31, viewing three films each day and then casting their ballots.
The 82nd Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2009 will be presented on Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Esto es, la película de Claudia Llosa está dentro de las nueve finalistas de los que quedarán 5 nominadas a la categoría Mejor Película Extranjera. Las nominadas se conocerán el próximo 2 de febrero.